Books by D.R. James~ Yes he really wrote & published these

Books by D.R. James~ Yes he really wrote & published these
Click the image above to check out my husbands books, "Like" him on FB

Friday, January 3, 2014

Page 2: You are Loved

I felt the need to deep clean our fridge and kitchen today. It feels so good to release the old with the new year, still so much more de cluttering and cleaning to do, but I'm taking it one victory at a time.

So I came to realize something powerful today.
My 2 year is 2 and so she has little meltdowns when things don't go her way, or when she can't fully express what's frustrating her. With my eldest daughter I was a much less patient Mom, granted I had an insurmountable amount of stuff on my plate at that time, but it doesn't make it alright. Now that I've been doing this Mom thing for some years, I've picked up a lot of valuable tools and tricks of the trade.
What I realized today was that the following words I tell my little 2 year old daughter during her tough times can be given to all of my children and even me.
Instead of jumping to anger or counting to 10 to "calm",  I've found these words work for everyone. They work to comfort, they work to bring peace and calm, they work to balance and I'm grateful for these words:

I am loved and I am safe.
My mommy loves me.
My daddy loves me.
(own name) loves me.
Heavenly father loves me.
my brother(s) love me.
My sister(s) love me.
I am loved
I am enough
and I am safe.

The sweet thing about the above is it can be modified for whomever is saying it. 
I have my children repeat after me and it literally shifts it every time.

So to you, yes you the reader....see how it works for yourself
You are loved and you are safe
Your mommy loves you
Tour daddy loves you
You love you.
Heavenly Father loves you
Your siblings love you
Your family loves you
Your friends love you
You are loved
You are enough 
and you are safe.

No comments:

Post a Comment