Books by D.R. James~ Yes he really wrote & published these

Books by D.R. James~ Yes he really wrote & published these
Click the image above to check out my husbands books, "Like" him on FB

Thursday, November 3, 2011

Day 72: Baked Goods

My 1st Pumpkin Pie!
My 1st loaf of Homemade bread...mmm
Wow I am sooo proud of me! I made a pumpkin pie and a loaf of bread for the first time! Both turned out divinely. I mean oh my wow, I'm not a fan of pie and yet, I totally love it. I made the crust AND the pie filling, no store bought pre made stuff. There is something to be said about food made from the heart and hands. I also am really grateful for my children's eagerness to lend a hand and building those memories with them. I'm grateful for the aroma pumpkin pie and bread bring into the home....mmmmmm. I'm thinking I'll be making pumpkin pie after every Halloween, to start off the holiday season with this tradition! I am just so elated and full of joy for my accomplishment today. It's so cool to think that with this tradition my children will register the holiday season with this smell. They say smell is the most powerful scent because it can jar a memory of anytime.

I'm grateful to me for my willingness to create these goodies. Grateful to http://www.pickyourown.org/pumpkinpie.php for providing the recipe for this delicious pie. I'm also Grateful to God and Mother Earth for providing all the ingredients to bake these treats.

Almost ate it before getting the pic


Officially ready to be devoured....u know u want it lol

Sissy loved baking this with me


What are you grateful for? Please do share.

No comments:

Post a Comment