Books by D.R. James~ Yes he really wrote & published these

Books by D.R. James~ Yes he really wrote & published these
Click the image above to check out my husbands books, "Like" him on FB

Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Day 65: Mrs. Barney

Mrs. Barney
Today I'm grateful for Kaden having such an attentive & caring teacher.  She is keeping us in the loop, unlike the teacher last year; so we can stay on top of Kaden focusing. His mind wanders at times and she says he seems like he's not even in the room or the planet. He very likely could have ADD and I still refuse to label my son that. I feel he deserves redirecting, guiding and more focus put on him and his school work. I know I'm very capable of doing this with him, patience has been in surplus for me with him. I'm very fortunate to be raising such an intelligent, wise, loving child.  He gets the distraction behavior from Dustin and so we talked to him about it and that he's not alone. Dad was just like that as a kid and it seemed to have made him relax and feel like he belonged and that he could overcome it. We been focusing on the word CHOICE and YOU CHOOSE with him. Giving him the choice to choose what he wants to do and that for EVERY choice there is a blessing. I'm grateful we as parents came to him on a united front, with love and peace to support his choice to do well in school. We have given him 2 choices....do the best he can to focus in school and excel and stay in school.....or do the best he can to focus in school and fall behind= home school.
We even explained how Dustin and I both were home schooled and how much we loved it. I genuinely did, because I was so accelerated and felt frustrated most of the time with how slow the rest of the class was going.  For this reason we'll likely be doing home school for Axzona, she is just so far ahead of people her age...it seems silly to force her to be behind just because the school system says so.
Anways, I am VERY grateful for being my stand; a conscious and loving parent.

I am also grateful for the puppet show we got to watch tonight at the literacy conference. Free book too!

On a separate note; What's your take on 11.11.11?
I found a really spiritual video that is strange on one level and yet so beautiful on another level.
http://youtu.be/XUs7BUxJ-o0

No comments:

Post a Comment